Monday, December 15, 2014

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up


I have read many books and websites about getting rid of clutter and organizing.  I have tried many of these methods and worked like crazy to get my home clutter free.  No matter what method I try it never lasts.  I was really hoping from this little book I could  open it and read it and a miracle would happen.  I did enjoy this book but there for several things that was just off for me.  In the book she talks about talking to your stuff and see if that item gives you joy and if not to just throw it away.  I for one do not talk to my stuff and could never ever just throw something in the trash.  I would take what others could use and take it to a thrift store or have a yard sale.  I was always taught that you take your clutter room for room and go through it.  I do not completely understand what she is saying about taking your home and organizing it method by method and basically swooping through and doing it all at once.  I do not know how anyone could do this and still have a life.  This would take so much time away from your life to do this method.  I have kids and they are the main reason for my clutter and I don't believe my house will ever be completely clutter free until I send them off to college.  I did enjoy this book and believe it has a lot of offer.  I just don't believe its the magic I was looking for.  I would recommend this to anyone interested in organizing because it does have good tips and maybe someone else will understand and be able to implement this for themselves.




















I was given this book for review from Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment